Knowing exactly what paint to use and why for your interior home project can be tough. Knowing how to make that decision if you’re unsure is even tougher.
That’s where resources like this blog come in. Give this list of benefits—paint finish to paint finish—a quick read, and you’ll have one decision made for you.
When it comes to the other decisions like paint type, paint color, etc., I’m just a phone call away to help you make the final choice. I’d love to talk to any neighbors around Caseyville, Glen Carbon, Belleville and nearby communities to help point you in the right direction.
Picking the right paint will have a major and positive effect on the character of your room and the comfort and “return” your family gets out of a space. And I believe you deserve at least that.
A quick overview of paint finishes
Paint finishes are talked about on scales of “sheen,” and sheen will vary by manufacturer. There are some common characteristics they share, however. There are even ways to mix and match them for textured effects and compound benefits.
Here are the basic benefits of each paint finish type:
Matte paint finish has the least sheen. This means:
- It has a nice, velvety texture
- It’s the best for hiding imperfections in the wall
- It gives a sense of “depth” to the color
Eggshell and satin paint
Note: satin is usually just a tiny bit shinier than eggshell, but they’re often very close.
- Both of these have a modest amount of reflectivity
- This sheen provides improved durability
- Eggshell and satin paint sheens are excellent for “high-demand” environments like kitchens and bathrooms for easy clean-up
Semi-gloss or gloss paint
These are the most reflective sheens. And again, we have two “types” that are often very similar. These sheens provide benefits like:
- Attractive and eye-catching for trim, accent walls and similar
- These are also highly durable
Whatever paint and paint finish you choose, remember that it will only be as good as the quality of tools you paint with. You’ll get the most out of these benefits if you have a professional apply it — give me a call today to work with us and take advantage of the drier fall and winter months.