Have you ever noticed that the lines between your tile floors or walls are full of dirt and grime? Simply moping and vacuuming will not remove this dirt. Instead, you have to get to work and clean. That’s why we made this guide on cleaning grout lines.
What Are Grout Lines?
Grout lines are the spaces between tiles or stones. These lines are usually light in color like white or cream. Grout keeps the tile in place, but also show off the beauty of your floors or walls. These lines usually fill up with dirt, grime, mold, mildew and bacteria easily if not cleaned. Homeowners can get serious health problems if mold and mildew are present.
How Often Do They Need to Be Cleaning?
You should clean your grout lines regularly to keep dirt and other substances from getting trapped. Every week pour a small amount of alcohol onto a cloth and wipe down your grout lines. This prevents mildew and mold from growing and keeps the area clean.
These are the items you are going to need to clean your grout lines:
- Scrub brushes or toothbrushes
- Microfiber cloths
- Rubber gloves
- Tile & Grout Cleaner
- Tile & Grout Sealer
Now that you have the supplies, it is time to get to cleaning:
- Put on your gloves.
- Apply the grout and tile cleaner to the dirty areas of the grout. While using the cleaner, follow the instructions on the bottle.
- Use the sponges and scrub brushes to remove the grime off your grout lines.
- For tough stains, you can apply bleach to the areas as well.
- Repeat the process until the area is clean.
- Use a mop, sponge and a microfiber cloth to rinse your tile.
- Dry area for 24 hours.
- Apply tile and grout sealer.
Sometimes old dirt and grime get caked onto your grout lines making it impossible to clean. That’s where we come to play. At Valor Home Services, we can clean your grout lines easily. We have high-tech machines that can lift dirt and grime off these lines. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us today.