As more and more people head towards contemporary or modern homes, you want to make sure all its features and amenities match, including the floors. Common problem homeowners come across is how contemporary do you want the floors to be. Check out this guide to find out.
Is a Contemporary Home For You?
A contemporary home represents the current style, which is 21st-century architecture and design. It’s evolutionary, which means it evolves with us, adjusting to what’s fresh, exciting, and popular in the world of home design.
Because the contemporary home concept is so fluid, it frequently collides with different interior design concepts. Today’s contemporary homes, for example, feature many similar characteristics of modern boho, farmhouse, and mid-century modern design, demonstrating the styles’ popularity.
It’s important to remember that creating a contemporary house isn’t only about following the latest trends in other design styles. Pushing the boundaries of what’s new is equally vital, and in today’s contemporary homes, that frequently means a greater emphasis on sustainability and smart features, such as eco-friendly building materials, energy efficiency, and smart home goods.
If you like the sounds of this, then a contemporary home is just right for you!
What are the Best Flooring Types to Match a Contemporary Home?
Whether you’re renovating an existing home or creating a new one, achieving a sleek, contemporary style can be tough. It’s crucial to think about how flooring will alter the size of a room. This is why having a consistent style is so important.
Designers frequently begin with the flooring and use it as a focal point for the remainder of the space. Your paint color, furniture color, and decor tones and textures will all be influenced by the flooring you choose. The arrangement of furniture and how they will flow together are determined by the flooring pattern.
These modern flooring selections can assist you in designing the home of your dreams.
- Tile: Tile flooring satisfies many contemporary design standards. Rich browns, sophisticated slate greys, refined ivories, and rich ivories are among the neutral tones available in ceramic and porcelain tiles. Because tile is supposed to seem like natural minerals, it provides the flooring with a distinct feel. Tile, whether made of stone or wood, gives dimension to any space.
- Hardwood: Hardwood is a classic and contemporary flooring option. It lends a sense of coziness to any decor. Modern wood floors are a good choice since they promote a neutral color scheme with rich browns and light beige tones. Hardwood flooring can be used in a variety of ways. Any adjustments you make to the interior design will automatically evolve it.
- Laminate: Laminate flooring can imitate the appearance of ceramic, wood, or tile flooring. It also has a high level of long-term stability and durability. Laminate flooring is an excellent choice for today’s houses. It can be genuine and fashionable but at a fraction of the cost.
- Vinyl: Vinyl flooring is one of the most popular types of flooring in today’s homes. Over the years, it has witnessed a lot of innovation. Vinyl flooring is available in a variety of stone and wood-like designs that can be duplicated in natural materials. This provides you with the desired modern texture. In modern bathrooms and kitchens, vinyl flooring can be utilized to create the effect of concrete or grey tile. For family homes, vinyl flooring is a cost-effective and long-lasting solution.
- Carpet: Contemporary carpeting will provide warmth to your home. While carpet is always a popular choice for bedrooms and living rooms, that doesn’t mean you have to forego modern design. Although shag or plush carpeting (also known as high-pile carpeting) isn’t particularly modern, Berber and sisal low pile carpets do. When it comes to establishing a modern palette, carpet has a wide choice of neutral colors to pick from.
What Additional Features Do You Want Your Contemporary Floors to Have?
Depending on your lifestyle, you may want additional features to your contemporary floors. And thanks to technology you can get the latest features like:
- UV protection
Are contemporary floors for you? Whether you go with this style or any other one, Valor Home Services is here to help. We have been installing and repairing floors for over 25 years. For more information or to book an appointment, give us a call today.