The home service industry makes up a lot of categories revolving around a property. For example, home remodels/renovations, home repairs, flooring installation, hardwood floor refinishing, carpentry work, home maintenance and more are just a few of the categories included in this field. We wanted to open you all up to more interesting or cool facts that you would have never thought about in the home service industry. Keep scrolling to learn more.
- Residential properties make up 65% of carpet sales per year. Companies make up for the remaining percentage.
- The home service industry gives about five million people jobs, which is about 3% of the nation’s workforce.
- About 80% of homes in the United States are older than 20 years old. This means that a majority of houses need updating.
- Handyman services are projected to increase by 3.8% in 2021.
- About 125,000 people work in the flooring covering section of the home service industry.
- Americans complete over 500 million home projects every year.
- About 41% of homeowners hire a contractor to help them complete any home service tasks.
- There are over 1 million employed handymen in the United States.
- Over 60% of women make the decisions in the remodel of a home over men. In fact, about 65% of women homeowners enjoy home remodel or repair jobs.
- Baby boomers and Generation X-ers made up 81% of all the homeowners who are renovating.
Those were some interesting facts! We hope you learned a thing (or two). Are you ready to get to remodeling, renovating, updating or repairing your home? Then, look no further than Valor Home Services. We have been helping homeowners in Belleville, O’Fallon, Edwardsville and the surrounding areas for over 20 years. To learn how we can help you, shoot us a message today.