There are many different options you can go with when it comes to your bathing options. A popular choice that many homeowners are picking is a doorless shower. But what is a doorless shower? Just like its name, it is a walk-in shower that does not have a door. Before deciding if you want one or not, you need to read about these pros and cons.
If you are interested in having a doorless shower, here are some pros you should know.
- Luxury – Many showers that do not have doors have a modern, lavish design and feel.
- Accessibility – People of all ages, sizes and disabilities can walk into and out of a doorless shower.
- Affordable – You are saving money by not adding a glass door, which lowers the total cost of your shower installation.
- Easy to Clean – Doorless showers eliminate most struggles of hard water spots, grime and mold build-up and streaks.
Now that you know the pros, it is time to discuss some of the cons.
- Lack of privacy – No door means nothing to shield you if someone walks in.
- Space – To avoid water from going everywhere, doorless showers require ample amounts of splash zone space, slanted floors, angled shower head and drainage capabilities.
- Chilly – If your shower has no door, then there are more opportunities for cold air to hit you.
Things to Keep in Mind
There are a few more things you need to keep in mind if you plan on going with a doorless shower.
- Install a ceiling heat lamp or heated floors to avoid getting cold.
- When looking at bases, consider all your options — standard or custom, threshold height and surface materials.
- Stay safe by selecting slip-proof and waterproof flooring.
- Place your shower head at the right angle to avoid getting fixtures and lighting wet, or go with a rain mount faucet.
- Install your shower in the corner of the room, making it is less invasive.
- Ventilation is not required, but you should provide ample amounts of lighting.
Are you team doorless shower or shower door? Whether you want a doorless shower, an enclosed shower, a bathtub or even both, our skilled team of bathroom remodelers at Valor Home Services is here to help! We can take your outdated, non-functional restroom and turn it into the luxury bathroom of your dreams. If you are ready to get your renovation started, call us today.