As many homeowners know, carpets are one of the hardest flooring types to clean. If not taken care of properly or right away, spills and messes can leave stains. Once these stains stick to your carpet, you have to find the right ways to clean. In this guide, we go over the best cleaning solutions for your carpet.
Can I clean my carpets with a natural or DIY solution?
You can, in fact, clean your floors with natural or DIY solutions. However, we recommend researching before trying out these methods. If not done properly, you can cause more stains or damage to your floors. Here are some DIY solutions you can try:
- Steam vapor
- Water, vinegar and salt
- Baking soda, vinegar and water
- Salt, borax and vinegar
- Baking soda, cornstarch, cornmeal and borax
Make sure to research the correct measurements for each solution. If you do not want to do science experiments, here are some natural solutions you can try out:
- Sal Suds Biodegradable Cleaner
- Citra Solv Concentrated Cleaner and Degreaser
- Puracy Natural Carpet Shampoo and Upholstery Cleaner
- Better Life Odor Eliminator and Stain Remover
Each one of these organic solutions has its own instructions and directions. Make sure to read them thoroughly before using them on your carpets.
What are the best commercial products for my carpet?
If you prefer buying products from the store, then here are some of the top commercial products we recommend:
- Folex Instant Carpet Stain Remover
- Nature’s Miracle Advanced Deep Cleaning Carpet Shampoo
- Zep All-Purpose Carpet Shampoo Concentrate
- Auntie Fannie’s Carpet Refresher
- Carpet Miracle Carpet Cleaner & Deodorizer
- OxiClean Large Area Carpet Cleaner
Each one of these products has different instructions and directions on how to use it. Make sure you read them thoroughly. If you need help or want other recommendations, contact Valor Home Services today.
What do I do if the stains will not lift?
You have tried the DIY and commercial solution methods, and nothing is working. Those harsh stains are staying on the carpet. So what do you do now? The next step to do is to call in a professional carpet cleaning service to come in. A professional cleaner will come in with heavy-duty equipment and cleaning solutions to remove the stain. If the stains do not leave after a professional cleaning, you will need to replace the carpet. Our team of carpet experts can help remove stains as well as replace or repair your flooring.
What are ways I can prevent future stains?
Overtime stains on carpet are inevitable, but here are some ways to prevent them from lingering.
- Vacuum and clean your carpet regularly.
- Clean spills and messes immediately.
- Apply a stain-resistant treatment on your floors.
- Do not wear shoes in the house.
- Get your carpets professionally cleaned a few times a year.
Follow the tips above to find the right cleaning solutions for your carpet. Anytime you need your carpet cleaned, replaced, installed or repaired in Belleville, O’Fallon Edwardsville or the surrounding areas, contact the top flooring specialists in the area — Valor Home Services. To book a consultation with us, give us a call today.